Latest completed projects:
Situated in Paarl, this secure estate is your chance to own a modern apartment from just R599 000. Amberg has easy access to the N1 and all major access routes, while the Paarl shopping centre is just minutes away. These modern homes represent an exceptional investment and are selling out rapidly.
From R599 000
865 Full Title and Sectional Title Units | Two and Three Bedroom Units
From R595 000 – R980 000
Community project supported by City of Cape Town and the Western Cape Department of Human Settlements | Construction of units covered by government grants
Prior to 1999
The company commenced its operations as developer of affordable housing and construction under the name Temco Homes and completed 2 350 houses in and around Protea Glen and the East Rand.
Period after 1999
- Still under the name of Temco Homes, the company completed 6 projects (278 units) in Pretoria. These developments included projects such as the first Drummorgan in Centurion, the second Drummorgan and Baralochi in Montana in the north of Pretoria and Sagewood in Annlin, offering high and medium density cluster and sectional title units for the middle market.
- The Ponda Rosa project completed in Equestria, Pretoria East, offered upmarket quality duplex housing units at affordable prices in a neat cluster development.
- During 2002 the company took on the first contracts for Kumba employees and entered into a tri-party agreement between Kumba, Temco Homes and Lakutshona.
- At that stage Temco Homes set up Kathudev (Pty) Ltd. for its mine housing developments. Kathudev constructed the first units for Kumba and Assmang in Kathu.
- In line with the changes in BEE status of the company and the sale of shares to the Musa Kubu Fund, the company changed its name to Matlapeng Housing (Pty) Ltd.
Projects completed in the Northern Cape:
- Assmang Houses 2003-2004 18 units
- Kumba Phase one 2003-2006 230 houses
- Kumba Phase two 2006-2007 243 houses
- Kumba Phase three 2007-2009 419 houses
- Kumba Clusters 2007-2009 61 units
- Upmarket Clusters 2007-2008 10 units
- Clusters / teachers 2008-2009 10 units
- Sectional Title units 2007-2009 116 units
- High Spec Man 2008-2009 20 units
- Hotazel BHP Billiton 2008-2010 74 units
- BHP Billiton 2008-2010 108 rental units
Skyward Housing installed the internal services to all these Northern Cape projects
Recently completed projects in Kathu:
- Phase 4B Services installed 2011-2012 for 264 Stands
- Internal services phase 4C 2012-2013 for 417 stands
Housing units completed:
- Phase 4A Kathu 2011 - 2013 671 units
- Phase 4B Kathu 2013 - 2014 197 units
- Total completed 2011 - 2014 868 units
- Also completed phase 4C 2014 for 181 units
- Kumba Cluster units for transit 118 units
- More than 2500 houses have been completed from 2003 up to 2014/15